November 5, 2020 @ 9:30 am – November 8, 2020 @ 4:30 pm New Zealand/Auckland
AUSAPT’s 2020 National Conference will be held in Auckland, New Zealand.
If you’ve always wanted to visit or are planning to re-visit New Zealand, the 2020 conference offers the perfect opportunity to explore this most beautiful country and deepen your knowledge and practice of psychological type.
Conference theme: THRIVE
The Conference theme for 2020 is THRIVE and how knowledge and practical experience of psychological type can help us to thrive and grow. Building on our 2019 Conference theme of Going Deeper, THRIVE asks us to look at how applying psychological type principles and practices in our lives and in the lives of others can help us to prosper, succeed, advance, flourish, blossom and grow. We look forward to Conference speaker proposal submissions that address this theme.
Key dates and details
The Conference venue is the Vaughan Park Retreat and Conference Centre, Long Bay, Auckland – an intimate and cosy venue in a beautiful coastal setting. Delegates will have a choice of budget accommodation on-site (with shared facilities) or apartment accommodation in easy commuting distance. Further details are below.
The Conference period in total, covering the main conference and pre and post-conference workshops is from 9:30 am Thursday 5 November to 4 pm Sunday 8 November. Here are the main elements which may be subject to minor change once our program is confirmed:
- The Conference itself begins on Friday, 6 November at 9:30 am and closes at 4:30 pm on Saturday 7 November.
- Conference registration will cover all sessions from Friday morning to Saturday 7 November afternoon, including the conference dinner on Friday.
- Pre-conference workshops will be on Thursday 5 November
- Post-conference workshops will be on Sunday 8 November.
Here are the planned dates for the next key steps:
- Conference Presenter Concurrent Session Proposal submissions are now closed.
- Conference program released and registration open: TBA
Why New Zealand?
You might be wondering: why is AusAPT holding its national conference in New Zealand?
AusAPT President Joshua Knight has been actively building the connection between the Australian and New Zealand type communities for the mutual benefit of both. The opportunity to hold an AusAPT Conference in New Zealand provides the perfect way to progress this connection and showcase the work of New Zealand type researchers, writers and practitioners, as well as drawing international type experts to the region. With a shift from biennial to annual national conferences, the increased frequency creates opportunities to alternate our established Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane locations with new locations. As a nearby country with a strong and vibrant type community, a common language and many cultural similarities, New Zealand is a fabulous place for AusAPT to connect, grow and thrive in partnership.
This developing synergy relies upon leadership from the New Zealand type community and we are grateful that Sue Blair has stepped in to assist with planning and lead local linkage on the ground.
About the Coronavirus and our conference planning
- We are monitoring the current situation closely and considering the impacts of the Coronavirus in our planning for NZ 2020 as the situation changes.
- Given the current uncertainties, the timeline for proposals was extended to 30 April and is now closed.
- The AusAPT National and Conference Committees are now taking time to review the submissions and the situation further.
Next steps + keep in touch
To keep informed of developments, please REGISTER here on our website and choose to opt into our email list. If you have any other questions or are in New Zealand and would like to help out locally in any way, please contact us by email at email@example.com