AusAPT is an independent, non-profit organisation focused on furthering the understanding, ethical use and application of Psychological Type.
AusAPT membership opens the door to the field of Psychological Type and a global network of people interested in research and learning about the theory and applications of Type.
This network includes researchers, practitioners, authors and enthusiasts of Type from all around the world. You might be curious to learn more about Psychological Type, whatever your background or experience. Our community provides connection and information via conferences and other local events. These events feature the opportunity to engage with people with extensive experience in Psychological Type.
We have a 30-year history of regular in person and online conferences with savings for members, as well as local events, including our upcoming in person conferences in Tokyo and Sydney in 2024. You can find out about the Type in Tokyo, 2024 Conference here:
We also offer in person and online sessions and courses that are free or discounted for members as well as Members Only programs such as the Psychological Types Reading Group with Peter Geyer, custodian of the AusAPT Type Research and Practice Collection.
Membership of AusAPT can help you regularly update and refresh your knowledge of Psychological Type through exposure to local and international experts. For those interested, there is also an opportunity to share and publish your knowledge and expertise in recognised forums such as our conferences and via publication online. AusAPT conferences and local events are opportunities for members to present their own ideas and work and learn with others. As well as our annual conferences, state-based sessions are held from time to time as well, depending on local interest.
Benefits of AusAPT membership include:
- connection with an engaged, highly skilled, welcoming and experienced community of Type researchers and practitioners.
- generous discounts for events including our conferences, whether virtual or face-to-face events. We offer some Members Only online events, also open to other APT members.
- Members-only access to recordings of Past Webinars including the excellent recent sessions with Cindy Paris, Sharon Lovoy and Sue Daniels and 50 plus other recorded webinars with type luminaries.
- Members-only online access to resources and type journals such as BAPT’s TypeFace as part of our APT global connections, and local type journal archives.
- members-only supported access to AusAPT’s Type Research and Practice Collection which provides relevant and useful advice and information on Type research and practice.
- access to personalised and supported type research and practice advice and resources via the Collection’s custodian, Peter Geyer
- discounts and global access to APT member only events or events at member rates through reciprocal arrangements with other APTs such as the British Association for Psychological Type (BAPT) and the US based Association for Psychological Type International (APTi).
- As part of our Institute for Learning and Performance Asia Pacific (ILP) partnership, benefits including ILP Member Discounts and access to ILP events and masterclasses at no cost, including joining the ILP Friday mornings L&D Lounge. Review the AusAPT/ILP member benefits and member access details here.
AusAPT Membership for 2023/4 is $75 and commences from 1 July each year.
If you to understand how to Join AusAPT and Be an AusAPT Member, it is described here.