It’s time to Thrive! Will you be one of our Conference Presenters in 2020?
The Australian and New Zealand Type communities are coming together for Thrive: AusAPT in Auckland 2020 on 5-8 November and we are inviting you to submit your Session Proposal to be a presenter at the conference.
The Australian Association of Psychological Type (AusAPT) expands the knowledge of psychological type and supports the ethical use of psychological type and type instruments.
Bringing our community and conference presenters together every year is at the heart of what we do, and our conference curation continues to improve year on year. To help us help you, and our conference delegates, we have streamlined our guidelines, submission and selection processes. You can submit your proposal online in 2020.
Some background information to help you:
- Session proposal submissions are due by midnight 30 April AEDT (extended from 20 March given Coronavirus impacts)
- All concurrent sessions will be 75 minutes.
- The majority of the conference sessions will be in a conventional conference function room setting with audio-visual facilities. We also have the option for more informal, conversation-based sessions in a lounge setting.
- We are planning three concurrent streams – professional and personal development as well as a third stream of mixed informal sessions in the more casual space. We have provided an option for whether you would like your session in a more typical conference presentation format or in a more informal, conversational setting, or if either is fine.
- Presenters are expected to attend and engage with the AusAPT and New Zealand type community. Presenter conference registration will be affordable, and not a barrier to participation.
- No payment is provided for presenters, but a special presenter’s conference registration rate is available for presenters whose proposal is successful. (Likely to be NZ/AUD 400, approx USD250 for all presenters inclusive of main conference from Thursday evening to Saturday afternoon including lunches and the conference dinner on Friday.)
- We anticipate we will get a response back to you about your submission in the first week of May.
Further details about the conference can be found here:
Session Proposal Guidelines
Here are the session proposal guidelines we will use to review proposals submitted:
- Type relevant qualifications
- Credible, prior experience presenting at Type or other conferences
- Strong and relevant link to the conference theme, Thrive.
- Clear application of Type, Temperament, C G Jung’s work or recognised associated interpretative models.
- Engaged through interactive, facilitated and/or Sensate activity and experiences
- Can access session slides, activities and materials to use and apply knowledge.
Session Proposal Submission
The session proposal form is below for online submission.
Please note that the information provided for the Presenter Bio (max 50 words) and the Session Description (max 100 words) will be used to promote the Conference and for the Conference Program. Please check your word count for these fields in Word or a similar application before submitting.
You are able to save your form and go back to complete it later. We will send you an email with the completed details following your submission for your records.
We look forward to receiving your Thrive: AusAPT in Auckland 2020 Session Proposal and thank you for your interest.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.